Thursday 4 April 2013

5 minute craft - birthday cards

Are you saving things to go into a memory box for your child? Their identification bracelet from hospital, congratulation cards, first birthday cards, your favourite sleepsuit etc. It all mounts up and (if you're anything like me) gets stuffed into an old shoe box. The hardest thing I find to store is cards. We were sent so many congratulations cards when Bobble arrived, then more for his first Christmas and more recently, his first birthday. They're the hardest thing to store as the piles soon get mixed up. But I couldn't bear to throw any of them away - I already have bags of my own cards from birthdays past. I'm definitely going to transfer this idea and do the same with my cards. This 5 minute craft will neaten things up in your memory box, and couldn't be more simple.

I'm not particularly crafty, but I would like to be. So when I saw this smart little idea on pinterest, I jumped on it as something that even I could do!

Equipment
  • hole punch
  • ribbon
Instructions
  1. Use a whole punch to punch holes in each card.
  2. Thread ribbon through the holes.
  3. Tie ribbon
  4. Ta dah!
You could create a separate bundle for each birthday, or just untie the ribbon and keep adding to the back of the bundle.

No comments:

Post a Comment