Thursday 6 June 2013

Down on the farm

In need of something to do this Sunday (9 June) that's fun for all the family, costs nothing and comes with a large dose of fresh air and (cross them tight) sunshine?

Then why not head down to your nearest (participating) Open Farm Sunday

I must now confess that I've never heard of this annual event before, even though it's been running since 2006. And even more shamefully I know that we can't try it out this year either! However, I thought that it sounded like such a good idea, I couldn't help but want to share it.

I hope that you will be able to get along to a local farm to meet some animals, find out what it means to be a farmer and be inspired by finding out more about where your food comes from. 

There's a handy tool on the website that helps you find participating farms in your area, while the rest of the website explains a bit more about what Open Farm Sunday is and why it was started.

No comments:

Post a Comment