Friday 16 January 2015

Ending the hiatus

Time to throw open the curtains. Blow away the cobwebs. Dust down the keyboard. Have a bit of a stretch and a yawn. It's been a while, hasn't it? Over a year in fact. But I'm back! While I doubt that anyone missed me from this dark and dusty corner of the internet, I am raring to go and so pleased to be back.

So what's new?

Well. I had another baby for starters. To be honest, that was the main reason for the hiatus. This time last year I was 4 months pregnant. I had a 22 month old too, and I felt constantly tired. By the evening I'd run out of energy and ideas, and just couldn't make the time for One Good Turn any more. As my pregnancy progressed and I grew bigger and bigger, I didn't get any less tired (funny, that) and when baby boy #2 arrived in June, tiredness took on a whole new meaning. Little H is now 7 months old and not a great sleeper like Bobble was... so yeah. Tiredness prevails, massive eye bags remain etc etc. But I do finally have my evenings back and a fairly consistent routine during the day, which I want to put to good use. By bringing One Good Turn back from hibernation, hooray!

What next?

The good news is that I've got lots of post ideas. Loads. And I'm really excited. I've remembered why I started this blog - because I love helping people by sharing useful information and experience. And I want to be able to do that again. I'm buoyed up by the fact that even though I haven't posted anything for over a year, my posts are still getting read. And therefore I am still helping people. That really does make me feel all warm and cosy inside.

As for me...? 

In case you're interested, Bobble is just a few weeks away from turning 3. Three. Years. Old. How did that happen? Eek. He's brilliant. A constant chatterbox. So funny. And a lovely, sweet, caring big brother. Little H could not be more different to Bobble in every way, from his looks, to his eating and sleeping habits. He's a regular cheeky little monkey with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I'll be sharing lots about having a second baby and siblings in the weeks to come.

Here they are. My boys.



















So there you go. If you missed me, I'm sorry. And if you've just found me, hello! Stick around, because I've got lots coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment